Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 18 - Jan 18, 2010


This is the new "cool" garbage can we got yesterday. Since moving back to Saskatchewan I have been on the lookout for a big garbage can (at least 50L). Seeing as how there is no curbside recycling, organic waste pick up or yard waste pick up I found we were filling up our other can daily. We finally found this one at Costco yesterday, so we picked it up. It has a sensor on it so that when you get close to the lid it opens up. Cool right? .. not really. The damn thing opens up when you walk by or stand too close. The kids are having great fun with it. When your really want it to open (like, when you are standing there with raw meat packaging) it doesn't. And the sucker takes 4 D sized batteries. At this rate they will be dead in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I too am on the hunt for a new garbage can and took a look at that one Saturday. It doesn't meet my needs. We have to keep a barrier in front of ours as Bella (the dalmatian) has figured how to help herself. Once she got over the shock of a garbage can that opens by itself she would go NUTS.
    I was hoping to hear that you loved it so I could go and get one for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. creepy.fricken.thing...had me jumping out of my skin every 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete